Diaper rash is inevitable and as a new parent when you notice that your baby’s naturally smooth, cute and modest bottom is now obscured with red aggravated rash definitely makes you anxious. No need to panic as you can clear your baby’s bottom and makes it free from the distressing diaper rash with the help of extra virgin organic coconut oil.
First of all you need to understand the basic causes of nappy rash so that you can take preventive measures before it hurt the baby. Some of the most common causes are listed below:
- Infrequent nappy changes
- Teething or a cold/virus
- Introduction of new foods
- A too-stiff nappy
- Chafing or rubbing
- Preexisting skin conditions (eczema and atopic dermatitis)
After being so much vigilant about your baby’s bottom if you still find this irritated skin on your baby’s bottom the below given some of the simple steps can help you get over this situation:
- Wash your baby’s bottom.
- Ensure that the baby’s bum is dry.
- Gently apply fingertip amount of extra virgin coconut oil on baby’s bottom.
- Secure the nappy on your baby’s bottom.
- Repeat this with every nappy change.
Utilizing the above given steps when your little one gets nasty nappy rash will be very beneficial. The above stated steps are the safest one that will give ultimate protection to your baby’s bottom.
- Coconut oil contains anti-bacterial and antifungal properties that help to promote healing of diaper rash.
- The extra virgin organic coconut oil has lauric acid (also found in breast milk) that treats fungal diaper rash problems very effectively.
- It has anti inflammatory properties to treat and nourishes irritated skin.
- Coconut oil also has many proteins just like the best diaper rash creams that will retain its smoothness on the baby’s skin.
- Apply the Organic coconut oil on the affected area and let it dry before you put on the diaper on your baby. It will act as a barrier between the skin and the diaper as well as soothing the rashes.